Thursday, February 9, 2017

I'm posting this week's six sentence story from my old blog, hoping I can remember how to navigate through Blogger.  I've already been unable to locate the first drafts I created to post this week, so bear with me please.  The cue this week is bread, and you can link up or find more incredible stories by visiting the link at Uncharted.

-----------------------------------------------------


Once upon a time there was a woman, who with the help of her very creative friend, began a blog for fun.

She shared family life and experiences and had a good time dishing recipes and snarky comments with a few of her family and friends who liked to see themselves in print.

Then she met up with a much more serious blogger and got some lofty ideas about making money doing this fun hobby she had, so she invested in a paid domain and hosting through a very reputable company.  

During the process she met up with some virtual friends and continued to link up and enjoy writing for fun and connecting with these people who became very important to her. 

The hopes of making money and becoming widely read and famous evaporated without a wisp of regret or rue.

She wants to keep blogging and connecting with her awesome friends both virtually and in real life, but she doesn't have the bread to keep paying the hosting, so she's back to free blogging from her first on-line endeavor.
----------------------------------------------

Now comes the techie challenge of finding the meme for Six Sentence stories.

Ah,  it was on my hard drive.



19 comments:

  1. Yay, Val! I am so happy to see you back with us for Six Sentence Stories! I've really missed you in the blogsphere. I've got blogs at both Blogger and Wordpress, but I stick with Blogger only because I know it best. If you prefer Wordpress you can always start a free one there. You are a treasured friend, and I'll be following wherever life leads you! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am investigating a free WordPress blog as well

      Delete
  2. I see photos--did you figure it out, or did you end up blogging from your computer? Either way, welcome back! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would just like to be able to avoid the download part. On WordPress I can insert photos right on my phone.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks. At least we can keep in touch on Words with Friends

      Delete
  4. Hi, Val. So this is an old blog? I'm confused about why here, not there.
    I don't pay for Wordpress, but I think we do pay for domain name and such. I'm happy there. Blogger confuses the heck out of me. :D
    Still haven't finished my Six, so I'm out. Happy snow day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah old. I transferred to WordPress in 2014. I think I might have prepaid another year so I can use both. I also started a free one on WordPress. Com

      Delete
  5. It would be nice to make money from blogging, but it's more fun to make friends!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen to that, Mimi, the friends I've made while blogging are worth more to me than gold!

      Delete
  6. wait...a ...minute I know you!!

    (lol... the fun of the internet... to see other parts of the lives of people who inhabit (for a good portion of the time) the imaginary realm of the internet)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Clark. Thanks for visiting my other realm

      Delete
  7. VAL!!!! YAHOO!!!! Im with you... Freebie has the same friendship potential which is far more valuable!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may be asking for advice on the WordPress freebie. That's what friends are for?

      Delete
  8. Love your meme and the use of the cue word for this post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That meme was perfect. I found it on Google.

      Delete
  9. Hi Val, I like your six sentences and a great take on the cue word.
    Also thanks for your encouraging comment on my six.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Val, I like your six sentences and a great take on the cue word.
    Also thanks for your encouraging comment on my six.

    ReplyDelete