Friday, February 21, 2014

Baked Potato NIght

In my family, we are fond of naming the weeknights by dinner selections.  Tuesday (after two hours at the gym) has traditionally been called  Burger Night - be it beef, chicken or veggie;  we deem Saturday as Steak Night (Tim's choice after a hard week of work), and then lots in between.  Last night was Baked Potato Night.  We've enjoyed a mashed potato bar at theme nights, but I thought maybe this would be a bit of an easier, more healthy twist on that.


I brushed the three largest russets in the bag with canola oil and salt and peppered them.  I popped the baking dish in a 400 degree oven for about 45 minutes.  Crispy on the outside, piping hot on the inside.  



I caramelized some sliced onions with red wine reduction as a savory topping choice

There were several other condiment choices to top the Idahoan beauties.



Salsa, shredded cheddar and sour cream and chives are quintessential.

Then there are my two personal favorites -- 


crispy bacon and broccoli with cheese sauce.

Meredith chose to fix hers with salsa, cheddar and sour cream and Tim spooned on a medley of everything.  I halved mine.


One half held broccoli and cheese and 1/2 slice of bacon.  The other half caramelized onion, sour cream and the other half of the bacon.  

Easy, delicious, weeknight meal - I'm thinking Anything Goes Thursday.  

DIVINE!








No comments:

Post a Comment