Sunday, December 8, 2013

Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Dough!

My family has a sort of new tradition.  Whenever it snows, I bring out the bread machine and put up a loaf.  Who doesn't love the smell while it's baking and the warm bread comforts the belly while the snow falls, and feeds the hardworking shovelers.
A view from the front porch - looks like it's sticking.

A bread machine is such an easy way to bake bread.  While our fore-mothers struggled with kneading and resting of the dough, I just throw the ingredients in the machine.

I brought the bread machine up from the basement.  Last time I used it to make dinner rolls for Thanksgiving at Nancy's.

This nifty machine was a given to me by a friend who no longer had room to store it.  It comes with a recipe book.  You just add each ingredient in a specific order, wait a few hours and
Voila - a crusty loaf of home made bread.
Too much snow = too much bread, and that could be a problem if you know what I mean.

I really hate winter - the cold, and especially the wind, but the first snow is always special - a clean beautiful coat to freshen and renew the landscape.  I love when the sun comes out the next day and the blue sky contrasts the bare white branches.  A sparkle of beauty to uplift the winter blues.  

A shot from last year - a symbol of hope - the sun will shine.



No comments:

Post a Comment