Saturday, October 26, 2013

The Frost is On the Pumpkin

I heard there may be low lying frost in some areas in the overnight forecast.  While Tim was grilling, I grabbed my camera, put it on the nighttime setting and took some pictures of our beautiful annuals before the frost claims them.  They get all cold and crinkly around the edges, kind of like I do in the winter.  

These are hibiscus flowers.  They are a bit different from the ones we usually get.  They took longer to establish and the delicate pink flower is multi-layered.

Here is an overgrown pot with a spike, some trailing ivy and geranium for color.  Admittedly, much more vibrant in the summer, but still reminiscent of the lush growing season.

My favorite tropical - the mandevilla.   So happy Tim comes home from work and sees this beauty as he pulls the truck into the driveway by the back garage.  Daily inspiration.

The red,white and blue petunias were a tribute to Tim's father.  They were less leggy around July 4.

Assorted pots of annuals.

Everyone who knows me, knows I am not fond of winter.  With these last remembrances of summer perhaps winter becomes a time of hope.  New plants, new life resting and waiting to grow and  bloom.  Besides, after the first frost, everyone knows it gets warm again.  Indian summer - Yay!



1 comment:

  1. Love the mandevilla! I'm with you about Winter. That's what soup is for : )

    ReplyDelete