Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Hope Springs Eternal

Or should I say, I am eternally hopeful for Spring.  The weather these last two days has helped.  I hung clothes on the line to dry today.  Yesterday I walked around the garden looking for signs of Spring.  I didn't really find any new shoots or blooms, but I did find a few things to share.

Maybe, just maybe the nodes on the plum tree look hopeful.

My favorite tree in all seasons - the weeping cherry.

The mondo grass in the Japanese garden as well as the acuba (below) add some lush greenery to the winter landscape.

This has been a year of emotional adjustment for me.  Turning 60 years is definitely a milestone worth pondering.  This is it, the last 1/4 or 1/3 of my life.  I've felt the inevitablity of it, but am reminded of what my father-in-law said when I turned 50 -- "consider the alternative".  I am ready to face 61, with the hopefullness and growth of a garden Spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment