Sunday, January 8, 2012

Ketchup

It's been months and months since my last post and before I begin regular posts again, here's some ketchup.

Tim and I spent almost two weeks in Nags Head at the end of July enjoying the beach.  Low tide was late afternoon and we found ourselves relishing the beach in a whole new way.  There was one un-beach day and we did some island combing to pass the time.
We visited the North Carolina Aquarium in Manteo.

Tim may be looking like he tangled with a shark, but those scratches on his head are from a body surfing experience.
 I spend an eventful week with girlfriends at the Beach in late August.  The perfect getaway before school started.  An earthquake on Tuesday and a hurricane evacuation on Thursday.  A lovely time in spite of the natural upheavals.  As we were headed home, Tim was headed down to shore up the house in anticipation of Irene.  I think we passed somewhere in Delaware.  He hit no traffic coming home.  I think he was one of the last to evacuate the island.  Will we try it again next year?  You bet.  Life on a sandbar can't be improved!

Me, Theresa, Lisa and MaryAnn.  The girls of summer!


A family reunion in Ogunquit, Maine.  Actually, I am a newbie at this reunion.   It is so fun to see my lovely cousins and have fun with my mother's brothers.  I really feel a connection to my mom here.  I've been visiting Ogunquit on and off since I was 2, so it is a definite part of my life.  A long weekend filled with eating lobster, shopping in the cutest stores, and visiting and "pregaming" in each other's rooms. 

The girls - Val, Nancy, Jen, Judi and Janet


Love the freezing beach of Ogunquit.

Enjoying an award winning lobster roll at Alisson's Restaurant in Kennebunkport.


No comments:

Post a Comment