Monday, May 30, 2011

The Big Exhale

We bought a second home in Nags Head, North Carolina.  It was a "fixer upper" and we have been working on it for over 10 years.  We try to visit once a month, more often in summer.  It has become my stress free haven; life is much simpler there and definitely more pleasant.  We enjoy going to the beach, combing for sea glass and other beach oddities, working on that yard, relaxing on the deck and visiting local places of interest.  It reminds me of our first small house in Point Pleasant, before kids and before life got way too hectic.  But  I suppose if our life weren't so hectic, we wouldn't have been able to get the house and enjoy it as much as we do. The weather this trip was almost perfect - hot, sunny, go the the beach days. 
I love the sand between my toes.

We take a mile walk to the fishing pier each day.

Pelicans are a frequent sight.
My neighor, Sherry, calls it beach patrol by the NC Air Force.

Beach treasures.
Dining alfresco.  Simple seafood fare.

I call these aquamarine days.  When the water is warmer, we'll enjoy mermaid days.  I always feel sad when we leave to come home; always a piece of my heart remains in Nags Head.  I wait expectedly for the next big exhale.




No comments:

Post a Comment